Sunday, November 23, 2014

R.I.P. Marion Barry Jr 1936-2014 aka The Mayor

Rip to a true leader of the people... This is a man who gave his all to the people of Washington DC... Even when he could not help himself he put everything on the line for the people...  It is likely we will never see this kind of political leader again... Many may throw dirt of his name for his personal shortcomings but they will never be able to say he sold out the interest of the people...

Politician from every walk of life can learn from his legacy what it means to be a servant of the people... They may see him as the mayor who smoked crack and that will be their shame for they are lacking in care for the people and it this humble man who put them all to shame because even as a man with personal issues he was a far better leader than they could ever be...  

God bless Mayor Barry may we be blessed to have his kind of leadership again...  He is truly the last of a dying breed... May God keep him and give the rest that he has earned... I thank him for his service not only to  his Nation, Washington DC and Black people; but I thank him personally for my family and the many men and women of my community who knew the dignity of work because of him...

I love Mr Mayor and I will never forget you... Your and legacy will not be in vain... I could care less what they will say and how they will remember you because I will remember you as the father of Washington DC when so many of us were fatherless... A strong Black man when we needed one... Thank you... RIP Marion Barry Jr 1936-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment